This training session is for University staff.
In the context of the strategic plan and the work that will flow from Our responsibility to Indigenous Australia, central HR is currently planning for Indigenous Cultural Awareness Training to run over National Reconciliation Week 27 May - 3 June 2017.
The course is presented by Dave Widders who is an Anaiwan Man from Armidale NSW. He is also connected with the Kamilaroi mob of North West NSW (Moree). It aims to cover:
· Improving Service Delivery for Aboriginal clients and communities
· How to engage with Aboriginal Communities
· Communicating effectively with Aboriginal clients
· A brief but in depth look at the comparative Black and White history of Australia and how it affects current work practices and Aboriginal people in today’s society
· Changing Behaviours with our actions
· Sharing and learning of stories – personal and work experiences
As of 26 May 2017, there are three sessions with availablity:
· Tuesday 30 May 9am – 1pm
· Wednesday 31 May 9am – 1pm
· Thursday 1 June 9am – 1pm
Please submit to CAP HR the name and uni ID of any staff wishing to fill the remaining spaces.