- Multi-culturalism: the flipside of fundamentalism?
- In search of Saman
- Happy New Year from New Mandala
- Reponse to Poh Soo Kai’s allegations
- Blind spot in Buddhist Studies
- The making of pseudo-democracy
- Everyone is a politician
- The changing face of Xanana Gusmao
- The Praba Ganesan story
- Koh Tao trial another litmus test
- Thais in exile
- Thai Coup: A normal way of life
- A Spanish lesson for Indonesia’s 1965
- Remembering the work of Professor Andrew Huxley
- Securitisation of Australian Aid
- Review of Kingdom in Crisis
12 November 2014 12:24 AM | 19 Comments
Patrick Jory and Lee Jones offer two distinctive reviews of an important new book on royal succession and democracy in ThailandRead More
- Review of Catch-Up Industrialization
05 November 2014 8:15 AM | 2 Comments
Rick Doner reviews an impressive study that addresses the core challenges facing "late developers"Read More
- Review of Personal Names in Asia
29 October 2014 12:31 AM | 2 Comments
Nicholas Farrelly reviews an important book on naming practices across the Asian regionRead More
- Review of A History of Phuket
17 October 2014 7:03 AM | No Comments
New Mandala's Book Review Editor, Michael Montesano, looks closely at a physically massive and generally sprawling contributionRead More
- Review of Brothers in Arms
13 October 2014 7:32 AM | 2 Comments
Ian Storey reviews a masterful account of China’s failed policy of support for Democratic KampucheaRead More
- Review of Masked: The Life of Anna Leonowens
29 September 2014 7:20 AM | 10 Comments
E. Bruce Reynolds reviews a new book that he doubts will be the final word on an endlessly intriguing subjectRead More
- Review of Energy, Governance and Security
19 September 2014 7:47 AM | No Comments
Su-Ann Oh reviews an important comparative study of environmental politics in Thailand and MyanmarRead More
- Review of State and Uncivil Society in Thailand
17 July 2014 7:24 AM | 5 Comments
Volker Grabowsky reviews a book that analyses People’s Alliance for Democracy efforts to exploit border conflictRead More
- Review of The “Bare Life”
30 June 2014 7:20 AM | 1 Comment
Ong Yanchun reviews a book that demonstrates the strengths and empathies of the late Pattana KitiarsaRead More
- Review of Indonesia Etc
23 June 2014 4:06 AM | 1 Comment
Jim Della-Giacoma reviews a book that paints an endearing and messy picture of Indonesia and its developmentRead More
- Review of Gambling, State, Society in Thailand
10 June 2014 1:43 AM | 1 Comment
Porphant Ouyyanont reviews an eminently readable book where the author presents his analysis concisely and lucidlyRead More
- Review of Kingdom in Crisis
This Week's Trending Posts
- The King Never Smiles? by Andrew Walker
- Andrew Marshall's Thai Story by Nicholas Farrelly
- Plane audacity in Thai dispute by Nicholas Farrelly
- Volunteering to fight in Burma by Nicholas Farrelly
- The crushing of the Red Shirts by Nick Nostitz, Guest Contributor
- Crown Prince's family update? by Andrew Walker
- Multi-culturalism: the flipside of fundamentalism? (2)
- Reponse to Poh Soo Kai’s allegations (23)
- Peter Cohen: My great uncle was killed by the CPM. He wouldn’t have agreed with you or...
- Wrong history: CPM was fighting for Malayan independence. In any case, CPM was mostly focused on...
- my mom: My mom is a Singapore retiree, she doesn’t agree with you.
- Benjamin: Mr Gafor’s fervent accusations of Dr Thum Ping Tjin and others have backfired on...
- Pauline: Such was the lack of a clear conscionable purpose that even the Tunku believed that...
- manchoong: The crux of the issues are who were the manipulators, who were the suckers, who were...
- Thai Coup: A normal way of life (64)
- Blind spot in Buddhist Studies (20)
- Imtiyaz Yusuf: FYI – See following publications: 1. ASEAN RELIGIOUS PLURALISM – The...
- Erick White: You are deeply confused Mr. Mazard. We remain in profound and fundamental...
- Erick White: “The number of English-language studies about ‘Buddhism and the...
- Eisel Mazard: Well, I’m following your advice in a sense, Tocharian, but I’m no...
- tocharian: Why don’t you just write a couple of papers about these things and send it off...
- tocharian: How did he get your email address? Anyway, I hope Mr. Mazard finds a more suitable...
- Review of Kingdom in Crisis (19)
- Tony Blundetto: Thai royalty have always behaved like this – why are you so surprised by...
- BBC under fire on Rohingyas (130)
- Dira: Buddha or Gautama Buddha is also a Kalar, as he is a South Asian and an Indian who lived...
- Dira: Buddha’s race is closer to the Rohingyas being South Asians as claimed by the...
- Dira: Right as That’s the truth! And truth stands out clear from error! That’s why...
- sidney: Who are you? I doubt you got anything to do with Myanmar and just trying to be a part of...
- sidney: It’s probably just blatant ignorance Westerners have of Asian cultures, but it has...
- sidney: Pol Pot, extreme Buddhist leader? Ha Ha Ha! Where did you get that?
- The changing face of Xanana Gusmao (20)
- Jafri Basron: The writing on “the myth surrounding the ‘poet’ politician” is...
- Myanmar Special Economic Zones, Part II (13)
- sidney: Two projects. One, the Chinese port for Chinese use. Crude imports from Middle East...
Archives (2006 – 2014)