- SBY good for the ‘big picture’, bad for the little people
- Malaysia Day
- Is it game over for Aung San Suu Kyi?
- Good returns for Chinese Indonesians
- Corruption scandal: Junta failing its first test
- Writing for New Mandala
- Bringing Malaysia back to the “middle”
- New president, old politics?
- Wisdom of General Prayuth
- Competition: Speaking of Southeast Asia
- Malaysia in a tragic year
- Thailand’s National Legislative Assembly
- Constitutional Court confirms Jokowi’s presidential victory
- Travelling back home
- Great expectations
- Review of State and Uncivil Society in Thailand
17 July 2014 7:24 AM | 5 Comments
Volker Grabowsky reviews a book that analyses People’s Alliance for Democracy efforts to exploit border conflictRead More
- Review of The “Bare Life”
30 June 2014 7:20 AM | 1 Comment
Ong Yanchun reviews a book that demonstrates the strengths and empathies of the late Pattana KitiarsaRead More
- Review of Indonesia Etc
23 June 2014 4:06 AM | 1 Comment
Jim Della-Giacoma reviews a book that paints an endearing and messy picture of Indonesia and its developmentRead More
- Review of Gambling, State, Society in Thailand
10 June 2014 1:43 AM | 1 Comment
Porphant Ouyyanont reviews an eminently readable book where the author presents his analysis concisely and lucidlyRead More
- Review of a History of the Vietnamese
28 May 2014 9:33 AM | 1 Comment
Norman G. Owen looks at this book's implications for Southeast Asian history as a wholeRead More
- Review of Beyond Democracy in Cambodia
23 May 2014 10:25 PM | 2 Comments
Virak Thun reviews a must-read book for Cambodian bureaucrats and policy-makersRead More
- Review of Being and Becoming Kachin
16 May 2014 5:37 PM | 13 Comments
Magnus Fiskesjö reviews Mandy Sadan's new book which he calls a tremendous contribution to understanding Kachin historyRead More
- Review of The Birth of Vietnamese Political Journalism
05 May 2014 7:41 AM | 2 Comments
This book reveals the vibrant political debates that took place in French Indochina in the early twentieth centuryRead More
- Review of Isan Writers, Thai Literature
21 February 2014 8:18 AM | 4 Comments
Martin Platt’s book Isan Writers, Thai Literature gives a foundational history of the Northeastern Thailand’s writers and their literary contributions.Read More
- Review of It’s a Living
06 February 2014 9:25 AM | 1 Comment
Annuska Derks reviews a book that examines how ordinary people live the incredible changes underway in Vietnam todayRead More
- Review of Worshipping the Great Moderniser
07 January 2014 8:29 AM | 6 Comments
Erick White reviews an important new book on Thailand's King ChulalongkornRead More
- Review of State and Uncivil Society in Thailand
This Week's Trending Posts
- The King Never Smiles? by Andrew Walker
- The crushing of the Red Shirts by Nick Nostitz, Guest Contributor
- Volunteering to fight in Burma by Nicholas Farrelly
- Songkran in Cambodia: Red Shirts meet Thaksin by Nick Nostitz, Guest Contributor
- Review of A Life's Work by Paul Handley, NM-TLC Reviewer
- Royal rain-making in the news by Nicholas Farrelly
- Forced relocation and impoverishment of ethnic communities: Myanmar’s Tamanthi Dam (5)
- Rumour, religion and riots in Mandalay (27)
- sai aung: A lot of ideas and arguments and proposals have been generated by fertile minds! I...
- SBY good for the ‘big picture’, bad for the little people (1)
- Ken Ward: The US scholar Donald Weatherbee has written that Indonesia’s leadership of...
- Is it game over for Aung San Suu Kyi? (6)
- Moe Aung: And the common denominator in the sinking healthcare standards, the stirring up of the...
- plan B: Ms Cranston base all her observation and conclusions strictly w/o basing on the...
- Ohn: “….freer and fairer Burma” Really! Such faith! Fire better than the...
- Moe Aung: A timely (though the horse may have already bolted) article in The Irrawaddy today...
- Ohn: Hard to know what exactly is the “game”. Make Aung San Suu Kyi a President...
- Moe Aung: For someone who will be 70 years old next year she looks well enough to carry on...
- Thailand’s National Legislative Assembly (20)
- Wisdom of General Prayuth (45)
- Competition: Speaking of Southeast Asia (82)
- Moe Aung: Fully endorse those commonplace words, though I am bound to add there is no other word...
- Nicholas Farrelly: And the winner, this fine Tuesday morning, is Gregore Lopez! More to...
- tfrhoden: For Vietnamese, all I remember is: “doi moi”, as in Doi Moi Policy,...
- tfrhoden: Some Burmese ones that I might use in an English sentence, depending on the subject....
- Malaysia Day (1)
- Jim #2: It’s been about a year since Chin Peng’s ashes were denied entry into...
- Corruption scandal: Junta failing its first test (11)
- Chris Beale: Corruption leads to rumbles in the ranks ? : http://www.bangkokpost.com/...
- Robert Smith: As a Constitutional Lawyer he should know that there is no hard evidence of...
- dok-ya: In engineering field it is mandatory that every task with safety impact must follow the...
- neptunian: I guess, one of the big failure of Thaksin was the war against drugs… Sattahibo...
- Confused Thai Educators (26)
- Sam Deedes: nodoubt #10 says: “what can we as foreigners (or foreign based Thais) do...
Archives (2006 – 2014)