New Mandala encourages debate and discussion and welcomes contributions from readers. We are happy to consider any of the following, provided New Mandala is the first and only outlet for publication. We do not republish material posted elsewhere.
- Opinion pieces.
- Photo essays.
- Field notes.
- Research findings.
- Reports on conferences, seminars, meetings or rallies.
- Book reviews and announcements about new publications.
- Conference announcements.
- Outstanding, insightful or unusual images.
- Links to interesting websites or other web resources.
- Relevant satire/humour.
- Insider scoops/tips.
- And anything else you think New Mandala readers might appreciate.
Please send prospective contributions to email@example.com
Contributions must be made according to the following requirements:
- Provide the text in a Word document with minimal formatting. Foreign words should be in italics. Avoid superscripts. Long quotes should be indented with no quotation marks. Keep footnotes and citations to an absolute minimum.
- Place a short byline at the end of the post. For example, “Reginald Smith is a journalist who has worked in Laos for 20 years.”
- Submissions will be published under your own name unless you provide us with a nom-de-plume and a very good reason why a nom-de-plume should be used.
- We will determine the post title and the extract that appears below the post on the front page. You are welcome to suggest both title and an extract.
- Images should not be embedded in the text. They should be included as separate jpg files, with width of 450-500 pixels. (You can use the Windowns “snipping tool” or software such as PhotoRazor to resize your images.) File names should be Image1, Image2, Image3 etc. Place a note in your text to indicate the location of the image: “Place Image1 here”. If you want to have a caption for the image include the caption in the text: “Image 1: An elephant in Luang Phrabang”.
- Even if your post does not have an image we will need a “feature image” for the front page. Try to provide us with a suitable iconic image that links to the post. Have a look at the feature images used for other posts for ideas.
- If your post includes tables or graphs you will need to provide them in the form of jpg images. The easiest way to do this is to use the Windows snipping tool to create an image of the table or graph. Table or graph images can be wider than 450 pixels if necessary.
- Very carefully edit and proofread your post. We cannot make adjustments after your work is posted.
- If English is your second language, try to get a native speaker to edit your post.
Unfortunately we cannot consider contributions that are not provided in the required format.
We look forward to receiving your input!