Print preview Close

Showing 1978 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions
Print preview

178 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 1289
  • Collection
  • 1886-1986

Gilbertese catechists trained in Tahiti and established Catholicism on Nonouti in the early 1880s. In 1886 the Gilbert Islands were allocated to the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) Vicariate of Melanesia and Micronesia, which also covered P...

Catholic Diocese of Tarawa and Nauru

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 1121
  • Collection
  • 1902-1994

Levers Pacific Plantations Ltd was incorporated in England on the 20 May 1902 to acquire coconut properties in the Pacific region with the objective of ensuring a supply of copra to the oil mill of Lever Bros Ltd at Balmain in Sydney. The practice...

Levers Pacific Plantations Pty Ltd / Lever Solomons Ltd

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 1063
  • Collection
  • 1898-1943

In 1855, following the formation of the Australasian Connexion of the Methodist Church, general jurisdiction and administration of the Methodist missions in the Friendly Islands, Fiji and New Zealand was transferred to the Methodist Missionary Soc...

Methodist Church of Australasia Overseas Mission

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 1154
  • Collection
  • 1974-1996

The world-wide merchant marine is a crucial source of employment for i-Kiribati and remittances from this work are fundamental to the Republic’s economic well-being. The inaugural meeting of the Gilbert and Ellice Islands Overseas Seamen’s Union w...

Kiribati Island Overseas Seamens Union

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 1165
  • Collection
  • 1927-1994

A Sub-Station was first establised at Losuia in the South Eastern Division of British New Guinea (later Papua) in 1904. It was rebuilt in 1910 and continued to operate right through World War II till the present. In March 1950 the Papuan Eastern a...

Losuia District Administration, Kiriwina, Trobriand Islands, Papua New Guinea

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 1062
  • Collection
  • 1855-1939

In 1855, following the formation of the Australasian Connexion of the Methodist Church, general jurisdiction and administration of the Methodist missions in the Friendly Islands, Fiji and New Zealand was transferred to the Methodist Missionary Soc...

Methodist Church of Australia Overseas Mission

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 666
  • Collection
  • 1922 - 1961

See PMB 664 for full entry.The documents are inventoried on pp.372-4 of the Journal de la Societe des Oceanistes, vol.25, December 1969. The inventory is reproduced on the film. The documents comprise letters, reports, mission statistics, corres...

Societe des Missionnaires Du Sacre-Coeur: Vicariate Apostolic of Rabaul

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 669
  • Collection
  • 1893 - 1952

See PMB 664 for full entry.The documents are inventoried on pp.377-80 of the Journal de la Societe des Oceanistes, vol.25, December 1969. The inventory, with annotations, is reproduced on the film. Records for Nauru are also included as that isl...

Societe des Missionnaires Du Sacre-Coeur: Vicariate Apostolic of the Gilbert Islands

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 1211
  • Collection
  • 1963-2000

The YWCA of Fiji was established in Suva in 1961. Anne Walker and Ruth Lechte arrived in 1962 from Melbourne to set up a YWCA kindergarten and youth program. They moved to the upstairs section of the old Suva Town Hall in 1963. By 1966 the Y was o...

Young Women’s Christian Association of Fiji

Archives

  • AU PMB MS 1360
  • Collection
  • 1975-2009

The Solomon Islands YWCA was established in 1975 and became operational in 1978. It is one of the oldest indigenous controlled non-government organisations in the Solomon Islands. The Solomon Islands YWCA is affiliated with the World YWCA. The ...

Solomon Islands Ywca

Results 111 to 120 of 1978