Showing 1977 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions
Print preview

176 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Letters

  • AU PMB MS 1266
  • Collection
  • 1942-1944

Archdeacon Gill (d.1954), a member of a family of Pacific missionaries, joined the Anglican mission to Papua in 1908. He was ordained at Dogura in 1910, and his first parish was nearby Boianai, where he remained until 1922. He then moved to the Ma...

Gill, Archdeacon Stephen Romney

Tribunal français des Nouvelles-Hébrides, Tribunal Mixte

  • AU PMB MS 1254
  • Collection
  • 1900-1979.

The Joint Court of the New Hebrides was established with the formation of the Anglo-French Condominium of the New Hebrides in 1906, whereby France and Great Britain agreed by Convention to govern this south west Pacific island archipelago as an ar...

Supreme Court of Vanuatu

The New Hebrides Condominium

  • AU PMB MS 1280
  • Collection
  • n.d., c.1930

Richard Thomas Edwin Latham, the son of Sir John Greig Latham (who was leader of the Federal Opposition in Australia in the early 1930s and later Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia) was a brilliant student at Scotch College, Melbourne, 1...

Latham, Richard Thomas Edwin (1909-1943)

Wills

  • AU PMB MS 1241
  • Collection
  • 1888-1991

This series of wills was rescued by the staff of the Department from files damaged during Cyclone Heta in January 2004.The will are arranged by village and the name of the will-maker. The villages are: Alofi, Alofi South, Tamakautoga, Avatele, Hak...

Government of Niue, Justice, Lands and Survey Department, Land Court

Papers on the South Sea Evangelical Mission in the Solomon Islands

  • AU PMB MS 1253
  • Collection
  • 1907-1957

(JOHN) NORTHCOTE DECK. Born Norwood, London, 12 March 1875. Died 10 May 1957, Toronto, Canada. [Article by Stuart Braga in Australian Dictionary of Evangelical Biography, 1993.]Northcote Deck was the second son of Dr John Feild Deck and his wife E...

Deck, J. Northcote (1875-1957)

Island council, courts and lands commission records: Nanumaga, Niutao, Nui, Nukufetau, Nukulaelae and Vaitupu Islands; Western Pacific Archives Tuv4(2), Tuv 4(4)-Tuv 4(8).

  • AU PMB MS 1283
  • Collection
  • 1910-1972

Formerly known as the Ellice Islands, Tuvalu became a British protectorate in 1892, and in 1916 the islands became part of the Gilbert and Ellice Islands Colony. Tuvalu was administrered as a single administrative unit from the district headquarte...

Gilbert and Ellice Islands Colony, Ellice Islands District (Tuvalu)

Results 381 to 390 of 1977