- ANU and Columbia University: charting the future of Asia
A new partnership between ANU and Columbia University is exploring the biggest issues facing the Asia-Pacific region today. The new venture, known informally as ANU-CU, brings together leading scholars and researchers from the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific and Columbia's Weatherhead Institute to collaborate on research, education, and public outreach on Asia and the Pacific
- ANU and Columbia forge new directions in Asia-Pacific research
ANU and Columbia are teaming up to examine how the Asia Pacific will impact on the rest of the world.
- Emerging Asia & Future of the US-Australia Alliance
The College Dean Professor Andrew MacIntyre is the convenor of an international Emerging Asia working group, one of six commissioned by the United States Studies Centre (USSC) at Sydney University as part of its 21st Century Alliance project, an independent assessment of the future of the US-Australia alliance. Final papers of the Emerging Asia working group will be presented at a workshop in Canberra on 30-31 August 2012.
- Gone fishing? We have for 42,000 years
Australian National University has uncovered the world's oldest evidence of deep sea fishing for big fish, showing that 42,000 years ago our regional ancestors had mastered one of our nation's favourite pastimes.
- New Mongolia centre sets ANU out from the herd
The rolling hills and sweeping steppes of Mongolia will seem closer to Australia with the launch of a new research and teaching centre at The Australian National University today.
- Going with the flow nets researchers Eureka Prize
A team of ANU researchers and a colleague from the University of Melbourne have won one of the nation's most prestigious science prizes – an Australian Museum Eureka Prize.
- British Academy honours ANU Professor Nick Evans
The British Academy has elected linguistics expert Professor Nicholas Evans from The Australian National University as a Corresponding Fellow.
- Conference explores Myanmar's power shift
Obstacles to the rule of law; the role of the media; effectiveness of international assistance; political and economic update
- ANU and EHESS form Pacific expertise partnership, ANU Reporter, 16 March 2011
French and Australian experts on Pacific issues will work together following the signing today of an agreement between the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales and The Australian National University.
- ARC Laureate Fellowship project: Professor Hilary Charlesworth
This research project deals with an issue of international significance: the implementation of international human rights standards.
- ARC Laureate Fellowship project: Professor Margaret Jolly
This program addresses a profound and long-debated question about the historical interaction between Oceanic and Western constructs of the person and contemporary controversies about the role of Christianity in the emergence of modern individualism.