This scholarship is offered by the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific and funded by the EE Tory Endowment.
Please note that the following information is for students applying for the Ethel Tory Language Scholarship to support Asian language study in countries in the Asian region (excluding Australia).
Field of study
The Ethel Tory Language Scholarship provides funds to assist students undertaking full-time study outside Australia, in the following categories:
- Language courses conducted off shore by ANU and approved for credit towards the student’s ANU degree
- Language courses offered by an approved international higher education provider and approved for credit towards the student’s ANU degree
- A program of study, offered by an approved international higher education provider, delivered in a foreign language and approved for credit towards the student’s ANU degree
Completion of the course of study for which the scholarship was awarded must occur within the year following receipt of the award.
- Be an ANU student currently studying Asian language at an intermediate/advanced (or equivalent) level within their undergraduate degree
- Be studying full time while overseas in an approved field of study
- Not be a previous Ethel Tory scholarship recipient
- Not concurrently hold another scholarship awarded by the ANU for language study
- International students may not apply the scholarship for study in their country of origin.
Selection will be made on the basis of:
- The academic record of eligible students;
- Benefit to student's personal and academic life, and need for financial support, as detailed in the personal statement in the scholarshipa application;
- Whether the student has beena warded any other funding, grants or scholarships for language study;
- Access and equity considerations, including, if relevant financial circumstances.
Conditions of Award [PDF, 379kB]
Applications are managed through the ANU Global Programs System. Please visit this page for updated application timelines.
For further information contact email@example.com