Showing 120 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
120 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
M.D. Irving Gass (Chief Secretary), Procedure for selecting and approving sites on which government buildings are to be erected or where government projects are to be undertaken and for approving building plans, BSIP Secretariat Circular No.25/62, 15 Jun 1962, Honiara, SPC Literature Production Training Centre, 11pp., annotated.
- AU PMB MS 1371-005
- Jun 1962
Gass, M.D. Irving
- AU PMB MS 1371
Nigel Oram was an ethnologist and academic. In 1946, after military service in World War II, he read history at Oxford University. This was followed by a career in the British Colonial Service in East Africa and Uganda. In 1961, Oram helped set up the New Guinea Research Unit, Port Moresby, which was an offshoot of the Australian National University. His role was to undertake social research. To facilitate his information gathering, Oram learnt the Motu and Hula languages. In 1969, he was appointed a fellow at the University of Papua New Guinea, where he remained from 1969 to 1975. Oram returned to Australia where he taught history for nine years at La Trobe University and where, upon his retirement, he became an honorary senior research fellow. An extensive collection of Oram’s PNG research papers is held at the National Library of Australia (MS 9436).
Papers left outside Nigel Oram’s room when he left La Trobe University, Melbourne, rescued by Professor Martha Macintyre, and transferred to the PMB in August 2011, including the following:
• The Mystery of Guise (a longer draft than that microfilmed at PMB 1288);
• 2 box files, ‘British Solomon Islands Protectorate’, on Honiara town planning and related matters, 1962-1979;
• File, ‘Bougainville” on the Bougainville Copper Project and urban development ion Bougainville, 1969-1974;
• PNG Constitutional Planning Committee, Record of Proceedings, 4 Dec 1972-16 Feb 1973;
• PNG Constitutional Planning Committee, part draft report and recommendations;
• Papers on the PNG Department of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, c.1972;
• Documents on the PNG Department of Public Health, 1972;
• Maps of Port Moresby, c.1965 and Bougainville, c.1970.
See Finding aids for details.
Oram, Nigel D. (1919-2003)
- AU PMB MS 1371-003
Contents as follows:
- Chairman, Honiara Town Council, Illegal Buildings Squatters in Honiara, BSIP Circular 4/67, 1 Sep 1967, Ts., p/c, 2pp.
- A.V. Hughes (for Commissioner of Lands and Surveys), Memo, Squatters, 7 Sep 1967, Ts., p/c, 1p.
- A.V. Hughes (for Commissioner of Lands and Surveys), Memo, Temporary Housing Areas, Honiara and Environs, 18 Oct 1969, Ts., p/c, 2pp.
- Classification of different types of land tenure in the Protectorate, n.d., Ts., p/c, 8pp.
— A.V. Hughes (Permanent Secretary, Finance), Memo to Permanent Secretary, WPU, Finance for Housing Policy, 25 Jun 1976, Ts., p/c, 2pp.
- J.B. Twomey (Adviser, Natural Resources Committee), Allocation of Public Land in Honiara, BSIP Secretariat Public Notice
No.40/73, 11 Apr 1973, Ts., p/c, 2pp.
- Ministry of Works and Public Utilities, Housing Policy, 18 Apr 1975, Draft, Ts., p/c, 14pp.
- Ministry of Works and Public Utilities, Housing Policy, 6 Aug 1975, 1st copy, Ts., p/c, 14pp.
— Ministry of Works and Public Utilities, Housing Policy, 14 Jul 1975, 2nd copy, Ts., p/c, 14pp.
— S. Kelly, Squatters on Public Land behind Honiara, 4 Jul 1975, Ts/. p/c, 1p
- A.V. Hughes (Central Planning Office), Memo to Permanent Secretary MWFU, Implementation of Housing Policy – Working Party on Housing, 11 Dec 1975, Ts., p/c, 2pp.
- Peter Larmour (Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture & lands), Memo to Secretary for Public Service, Technical Assistance Housing Policy, 29 Sep 1975, Ts., p/c, 3pp.
- Ministry of Works and Public Utilities, Housing Policy, 6 Aug 1975, Ts., p/c, 14pp., and Appendix A & B.
- Appendix B of Housing Policy (Item 11 above), An analysis of house prices and cross subsidization of a typical estate in 1975, 6 Aug 1975, Ts., p/c, 2pp.
- A.V. Hughes (Head of Planning), Memo to Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works & Public Utilities et al., Housing Authority and Housing Policy, 28 Jul 1975, Ts., p/c, 3pp.
12 [sic]. Public Service Housing, and Housing Policy General, 11 Aug 1976, Ts., p/c, 2pp.
- P. Larmour, Memo to Central Islands Council et al., Temporary Housing, Tulagi, 29 Oct 1976, Ts., p/c, 4pp.
- Solomon Islands Ministry of Agriculture and lands, Housing Authority & Rents, 26 Apr, 1976, Ts., p/c, 1p.
- Appraisal of Solomon Islands Housing Authority, n.d., Ts., p/c, 8pp., tables.
M.E.P. Bellam, Abstract for proposed doctoral dissertation: “Colonial Town, Tribal Society: A Socio-Economic Study of Honiara British Solomon Islands,” Wellington, Victoria University, Geography Department, May 1967; Ts., 8pp. With “Comparative Conceptual Framework”, Ts., pp.i-v; and references, Ts., 3pp.
- AU PMB MS 1371-006
- May 1967
Map of Bougainville and Buka Islands, enlarged from geological map compiled by the Bureau of Mineral Resources, Canberra, in 1967; drawn by S.P. Wotton, 16 Apr 1968, amendments and additions, 19 Sep 1968, 1 sheet (A1).
- AU PMB MS 1371-055
Gutteridge, Haskins & Davey, Consulting Engineers (Melbourne), Bougainville Copper Project. Arawa Town Planning and Proposed Design Standards and Criteria, Revision 1, 28th November 1969, Ts., 18pp., Schedules I-VII, maps and charts. (Maps and charts not microfilmed.)
- AU PMB MS 1371-039
- Nov 1969
Gutteridge, Haskins & Davey
Plan. Gutteridge Haskins & Davey, Clarke Gazzard & Partners (Consultants), Bougainville Copper Pty Ltd, Central Engineering Services, Coast Town (Arawa), Preliminary Outline Plan, 15 Mar 1969, 1 sheet (A1+).
- AU PMB MS 1371-059
- Mar 1969
Gutteridge Haskins & Davey, Clarke Gazzard & Partners