How to apply?
Honours Proposal Application – deadline 31st October (11:59pm AEST)
Applicants are required to submit the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
- The application coversheet [DOC, 1KB].
- A research proposal (see 'How do I prepare for Honours?').
- A letter (or email) from your potential supervisor. Supervisors may be chosen from any school in the College of Asia and the Pacific or, with the approval of the College Honours Committee, from another college. This letter should include a statement that the potential supervisor is satisfied that you’re qualified to carry out the proposed research topic within the time available and that they are willing to supervise you. If the chosen supervisor will not be available for significant periods of the honours year, the letter should set out what additional supervisory arrangements will be made.
- If you were unable to find or secure a commitment from a suitable supervisor, you must submit either a list of ANU staff who you believe have the qualifications to serve as your supervisor; or a note that seeking the Committee’s assistance in finding a supervisor.
In addition to submitting your Honours Proposal application you must also apply for admission or readmission (current students) to The Australian National University.
All groups of students listed below must submit an admission application.
- Internal Applicant – a current ANU student, either local or international, currently completing a bachelors degree.
- External Applicant – a domestic or international student completing/completed a bachelors degree at a university other than ANU.
- ANU Graduates - applying for the honours program more than six months after graduating from an ANU pass degree, for example, graduated from the Bachelor of Asian Studies program in July, and wish to take the College’s honours program in the following year (starting in February).
Apply for admission to Bachelor of Asian Studies (Honours) program.
Apply for admission to Bachelor of International Security Studies (Honours) program.
Apply for admission to Bachelor of Pasific Studies (Honours) program