- AU PMB MS 4
- 1900 - 1940
The papers consist of:
- A miscellaneous collection of 30 letters written between 1900 and 1936 by and to missionaries at Vunapope, Poporang, Koromira, Buka Passage, Mussou [Mussau], and Shortland.
- Reports to the Sacred Congregation of Propaganda, Rome, on the history and progress of the Roman Catholic Church, North Solomons, dated 1921 to 1936.
- A history of the Roman Catholic Mission at Buin, Bougainville, 1903-1916, by Father Francois Allotte. It is entitled 'Notice sur Buin'.
- A daily journal kept by Father Jean-Baptiste Poncelet from May 24, 1937 to May 22, 1940 at Turiboiru, Buin, Bougainville.
- An account by Father Maurice Boch of his arrival and early days in the Solomon Islands, April - June, 1908. Father Boch was stationed at Poporang.
- A miscellaneous collection of documents comprising: A history of Koromira mission station, 1907-1923; a list of baptisms at Koromira, 1908-1924; a history of Choiseul, 1768-192?; a history of Choiseul, 1911-1927; a report of the Marist mission to the Committee of Inquiry into Mission Affairs, Keita, 1929; a resume of the Committee of Inquiry's report, n.d.; a history of Timbutz mission station.
- Correspondence of Father E.M. Babonneau, S.M., of Wainoni Bay, San Cristobal [Makira], 1915-1920. (Many of the letters have been damaged or partly destroyed).
Roman Catholic Church - North Solomon Islands