AU PMB DOC 304
- 1925-1930 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 reel; 35mm microfilm
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Chinnery joined the Papuan service in 1909 and served as a magistrate from 1911 until 1921 with a break for war service with the Australian Flying Corps. He later worked as adviser on labour to New Guinea Copper Mines and joined the mandated territory public service as Government Anthropologist in 1924. He was also Director of District Services and Native Affairs from 1932 until 1938 when he became Director of Native Affairs in the Northern Territory. He retired in 1946.
5 printed reports of uncertain date i.e.:
- Notes on the Natives of Certain Villages of the Mandated Territory of New Guines (c.1925).
- Notes on the Natives of E. Mera and St Mathias (c.1925).
- Certain Natives in south New Britain and Dampier Straits (c.1926).
- Natives of the Waria, Williams and Bialolo Watersheds (c.1928).
- Notes on the Natives of South Bougainville and Mortlocks (Taku) (c.1930).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Available for reference
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Sponsors PNG Records Project
Existence and location of copies
Access this title at PMB Member Libraries or by purchasing it directly from the Bureau: http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/pambu/accessing.php
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area