AU PMB MS 53
- 1883 - 1933 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 reel; 35mm microfilm; Digital PDF
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Papers from 1883-1933, relating to the Roman Catholic Mission to New Hebrides (Vanuatu). Items are as follows:
- Journal of the Roman Catholic Mission at Port Sandwich, Malekula, 1889-1899 by Father J.N. Pionnier, S.M.
- Journal of the Roman Catholic Mission at Pentecost, 1898-1904, by the Rev. Father J.B. Jamond, S.M. and related papers.
- Journal of the Roman Catholic Mission at Wanur, SW Pentecost, 1906-1912 by Father Laurent Durand-Vaugaron, S.M.
- Account of the missions at Baie Barrier and Wanur, Pentecost, 1910-1927 by Father Elie Tattevin, S.M. (1883-1949).
- Account of a voyage from Marseilles to New Caledonia and Journal of Roman Catholic Mission at Malekula, 1883-1891, by Father F.X. Gaudet, S.M.
- An account of the Islands of Wala and Rano, Malekula, by Father Casimir Salomon, S.M. c.1906-1908.
- Myths and Legends of the New Hebrides by Father J.B. Suas, S.M.
- Inventory of the Population at Craig Cove, Ambrym, in February, 1907, by Father Casimir Bancarel, S.M.
- Account of a visit to Epi in 1933 by Father Edouard Loubiere, S.M. (1876-196?).
- Conditions in the New Hebrides, 1931-32, Replies by Monsignor Victor Doucere, S.M., Apostolic Vicar to the New Hebrides, to questions posed by the French Resident Commissioner.
- The Mission at Olal, Ambrym, and Sorcery (Hableou) at North Ambrym by Father J.B. Jamond, S.M., with comments by Father Casimir Bancarel, S.M.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Available for reference
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Roman Catholic Mission, Port Vila, (New Hebrides), Vanuatu
Existence and location of copies
Access this title at PMB Member Libraries or by purchasing it directly from the Bureau: http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/pambu/accessing.php
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata