AU PMB MS 55
- 1908 - 1969 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 reel; 35mm microfilm converted to PDF
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Kalsakau became chief of Fila Island in 1908 and held that position for many years. He was a member of one of the most notable New Hebridean families of Efate. His three sons, Graham, John and Makau are (1969) also outstanding members of the New Hebridean community.
- Lists of important dates and events in Kalsakau's career and family life.
- Record of births and deaths (1908-1961)
- Accounts relating to business, household and the marriage feast of his son Makau (March 1, 1945)
- Record (September 1956) of visit by Gen. and Mme de Gaulle
- Centenary Celebrations, Erakor, 1st May, 1945 - an account of the settlement of Erakor by the early missionaries.
- School fees collected in 1943 - list of families and amount paid.
- Lease of land owned by Kalsakau.
- Celebration of the 105th Anniversary of the New Hebrides Presbyterian Mission, May 1, 1950.
- Correspondence regarding residency of Fila Island Reserve.
- Discipline book (1911-1943) in which fines and other punishments against members of Kalsakau's village are recorded.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Available for reference
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Dr Makau Kalsakau, Fila Island (Ifira), Port Vila, (New Hebrides), Vanuatu
Existence and location of copies
Access this title at PMB Member Libraries or by purchasing it directly from the Bureau: http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/pambu/accessing.php
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata